Hello! Thank you for reading today! Are some of you wondering what happened to the punch recipe that was suppose to appear on Monday? You don't have any idea what I am talking about, do you? Okay. Click Here to catch up.
Anyway, I love details. They stress me out, make me crazy, make Bradley crazy, scare Calvin, and drive me to the brink...but then, after it somehow comes together, they make me smile, and when I smile, Bradley smiles and Calvin wants to cuddle.
So because I spent so much time on "The Details" I want to show them to you.
1. White Chocolate Dipped Oreos
The oreos drove me crazy. I thought it would be cute to dip them in white chocolate and decorate them with red candy melts...well as you can see they didn't dip smooth. And un-smooth oreos make me crazy.
2. Vegetable Tray
3. Fruit Tray
4. Lots of Appetizers
Some lovely friends brought lots of other delicious snacks.
6. My "welcome" station
Calvin spilled that green paint all over the porch and all over himself.
6. "Crafty" Decorations
Oh, I almost forgot...
7. (The number of completeness, thank you seminary education) The Punch
Slightly adapted from Simple Recipes
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage, gingerale or champagne.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers.*You can double bag gallon ziplocks and lay them flat on a baking sheet to freeze.
- When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl, and stir in 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda until slushy.