I'm sorry...he's the most adorable thing!
Anyway, because it's been soo crazy around here I've been on the hunt for fast, easy, easy recipes. And I'm here to tell you I've found the ultimate one! Well, actually a friend gave it to me, her and her husband have eaten it for 6 meals this week (by choice)! Wow, if that doesn't sell you on it there is nothing that will. That sold me.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
-2 (14.5 oz) cans of Chicken Broth
-2 cups milk
-4 tablespoons corn starch
-1 big bag of frozen broccoli (16 oz)
-8 oz of cheddar cheese, cubed
1. Bring broth to boil.
2. Add frozen broccoli and bring back to boil. Reduce to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl (or large measuring cup) add milk (I used 11/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup cream) and corn starch, mix until corn starch is dissolved.
4. Add milk to broth, stir and bring to a boil for one minute.
5. Add cheese, stir until melted and combined
6. Serve and be amazed!
7. Discuss how you will never eat at Panera again even though they have those awesome new perk cards (not sure what to call them) and you keep getting free food!