Don't you love this song? And the music video? I should have lived in the 70s, big hair and disco, count me in! We've been wearing this song out at our home. Bradley likes it because of the chord progression in the verses (whatever that means) and I like it because it makes me wanna dance like a crazy person. It makes cooking dinner way more fun!
So what have I been cooking when I'm rocking out to Josh Turner? I've been pounding some chicken with a mallet and the results are amazing! Chicken stuffed with swiss cheese and broccoli is now the preferred version of chicken in my home.
This picture is horrible, please excuse it. I had already started scarfing down my dinner before I realized I needed a picture, and then it was too dark and I was too hungry to care that much what it looked like. Now, unfortunately this picture may be what prevents you from trying this chicken and I must beg you to reconsider! Make this for dinner tonight. Thank you.
Swiss-Broccoli Stuffed Chicken
-Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
-Olive oil cooking spray
- Cut your chicken breast either in thirds or halves and flatten with a mallet (this is the fun part).
- Take each flattened chicken breast half and place swiss cheese (1/2 or more depending on the amount of cheese you want) and a few broccoli pieces in the middle of the chicken slice.
- Then take the ends of the chicken and wrap or fold together using the toothpicks to keep it in place.
- Dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs and then place on a baking sheet greased with olive oil cooking spray. .
- Spray tops of chicken with olive oil cooking spray
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove toothpicks before serving.