Bradley said this is now his favorite cupcake....WHAT? Can he do that? They are all so cute. It kinda hurts my heart for the other cupcakes to be left out...It also hurts my heart when people eat the candies off the top of the cupcake. Who does that? Okay, I'm not mad, if it was you and you're reading this post, don't worry. There is forgiveness. Next time I'll bring you a bag of candy and you can leave my cute cupcakes alone. : ) Yes, I am crazy.
I made these cupcakes for a music meeting at our new church. Cupcakes can be my only possible contribution to a music meeting. My voice is best saved for renditions of Power of Love by Celine Dion. Just sayin'.
Peanut Butter Frosting
Adapted from Sweet Tooth
-8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
-4 Tablespoons butter, softened
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-3 1/4 cup powdered sugar
-1 cup cool whip
- Prepare your favorite chocolate cake. I didn't have time to make anything from scratch, even though I do have my eye on one recipe I want to try, so I just used a box mix.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until smooth. (Speed: medium)
- slowly add sugar a little bit at a time and beat until smooth (speed: medium-low)
- Add cool whip, and gently fold in to frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes and add a piece of reese's candy for decorations. yum.