Cooking...what a thorn in my side! How I HATE cooking. I LOVE baking. I'm good at baking. I can make delicious brownies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies you name it I can most likely bake it. And if I don't know how to bake it I have no problem learning how. Cooking is another story. I cannot cook. Since being married I have ruined dinner multiple times. Ruined, as in I started cooking, dinnertime came, me and my husband peered skeptically at the stove and decided eating out would work for us. But, this does not include the countless times I lay moaning on the couch at just the thought of having to fix something for dinner, at that point my very gracious husband suggests eating out. Whenever I cook a good meal I usually take a picture so I can scrapbook it in my "first year of marriage" scrapbook I am making in my head. There are many reasons I hate cooking. Here are just a few...
1. I am bad at it
2. I have no idea what to make.
3. I do not know how to grocery shop to cook effectively. I usually leave the grocery store with bread, cheese, tortillas, cereal and milk. I eat breakfast foods many times twice a day (where my husband eats quesadillas quite frequently).
4. My tiny tiny (but adorable) kitchen just doesn't lend itself to these gourmet creations I would be capable of in a larger space.
5. I am trying to live healthier (thus the working out) and eat healthier, and most of the things I do know how to make are not healthy.
6. Time, do you know how much TIME it takes to cook. Oh my goodness.
7. Crazy crazy cookbooks-they are so difficult it is not even funny. I have 9 cookbooks (10 if you count the one at my in-laws house I sliced in half in my scrapbooking attempts with my sis-in-law.) Most of them are ridiculously complicated even Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals. Actually, I still need to return a couple books to my friend...
I am going to conclude this blog post with a few dishes that I cook very well. If you have any suggests for simple, fast, healthy recipes, please pass them my way! : )
I can make delicious ribs, thanks to our crockpot. Bradley would most likely say he is responsible for this. But nonetheless, it involves cooking so I shall take credit.
I do make very good lasagna...maybe a little dry but we can add sauce.
I love me some enchiladas...don't ask for the recipe because it is different every time.
It's been a fun 8 months of cooking attempts!